How our Intensive Couples Counselling Will Make a Difference
- A commitment to couple counseling will help you:
- begin expressing yourself more clearly and confidently feel stronger standing for what you believe
- share your feelings with more honesty and openness
- understand how to reach one another emotionally
- learn how to tolerate your own anxiety in the face of your partner’s reactions
- experience a deeper kind of emotional intimacy than you have ever known before
- approach life’s challenges as a team, each having the other’s back, in public and in private
About to be married?
If you are planning a wedding, there’s no better investment in your future than a Marriage Preparation Program. Ours is specifically for designed for you.
Premarital couples visit our home office location in Caledon, Ontario for a half-day private couples counselling session to explore some of the challenges that often face newlyweds. If you are planning your future together, you can enjoy mini-vacation at the same time (you can take the opportunity to stay at a cozy B&B or suite in one of the nearby resort hotels). You will benefit from talking openly about your expectations and dreams, disappointments and fears surrounding:
- relationships with in-laws
- personality differences
- differences in sexual intimacy and sexual desire
- finances and future planning
- interests shared in common vs. individual interestsIs it ever too early or too late for Couples or Marriage Counselling?
We have worked successfully with couples in their twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, sixties and seventies. Couples of all ages and relationship experience can benefit from couples counselling. From pre-marital to post-retirement, couples come to us to discuss issues regarding:
- blended families
- differing parenting styles
- the demands of double income
- empty nesting
- post-retirement lifestyle changes
Discouraged by previous couples or marriage counselling experiences?
If you have had other experiences with marriage or couples counselling, and you were discouraged in the process, we suggest you call us and/or schedule a Consult so that you can get to know us and see if we are a good fit for you. Our husband-and-wife co-therapist counselling team approach often helps couples feel more comfortable than working with one therapist alone. Often it is perceived that a female or male therapist is more on the side of one partner (his or her gender). While we believe that this may be true in some cases, it may only be a perception. Research has shown us that optimal success in counseling has had more to do with the client-therapist relationship than the preferred psychotherapeutic approach of the therapist. So CALL, us and find out for yoursellves.
If you live in Toronto, the GTA, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton, Brampton, Guelph, Caledon, Hockley Valley, Mono, Shelburne, Alliston, Orangeville area, or anywhere within an hour of our Caledon office, and you would prefer to attend 1½ – 2 hour weekly or bi-weekly couples counselling sessions, you can meet with David privately. For David’s hourly fees and client schedule, call him at 1-877-897-2333. Please fill out our inquiry form, so he is prepared for the call.